Japanese Food is awesome, and the overall dining experience is just as fun. If you are looking for places to eat in Tokyo, here are five great Japanese food experiences that I love while living in Tokyo.
1. Japanese Grill (Robata) - You sit around a few men who cook all of the meat and vegetables right in front of you on a grill. You just point to what you want and they grab it with their giant wooden spatulas.
2. Ramen - My favorite Japanese food, and perhaps the most well recognized Japanese dish apart from sushi. There are hundreds of places to choose from in Tokyo, each with their own rendition of the classic. One spot where you can get a large variety of options is on "Ramen Street" in the lower level of Tokyo Station.
3. Yakitori - Meat and veggies on sticks, cooked over a similar grill as the Robata, Yakitori is a favorite among Tokyo residents because it's fast and goes great with beer. The most famous area for Yakitori in Tokyo is down "Memory Lane" or "Piss Alley" just outside the Shinjuku Train Station.
4. Chanko Nabe - The ultimate in gluttony for a normal civilian, but a necessary bulking strategy for up-and-coming sumo wresters in the Ryogoku neighborhood of Tokyo. There are many different versions of this massive stew, and they are all aggressive and delicious.
5. Conveyor Belt Sushi - As I mention in the video, there are a million different ways sushi is served in Tokyo. One of the most fun methods is by way of the conveyor belt sushi.
*Bonus* - Convenient stores such as FamilyMart, Lawson's, and 7 Eleven are a major part of Japanese Food culture in Tokyo. People are busy and need a quick meal, so I wanted to take you around real quick and show you what's inside!
SUBSCRIBE ► http://bit.ly/TravelDeeper
+ INSTAGRAM ►https://www.instagram.com/tourist2townie
+ FACEBOOK ► https://www.facebook.com/tourist2townie
+ TWITTER ► https://twitter.com/tourist2townie
+ SNAPCHAT ►@GarethChat
+ WEB ► http://www.tourist2townie.com
MY TRAVEL VLOGGING GEAR:
- MacBook Pro 15” → http://amzn.to/2g9K6j3
- LaCie Rugged External Hard Drive → http://amzn.to/2fkojHR
- Sony a7ii → http://amzn.to/2gCeBDj
- Sony a7ii 24-70 Lens → http://amzn.to/2fhWexs
- DJI Phantom 4 Drone → http://amzn.to/2g9ALI4
- GoPro Hero 4 → http://amzn.to/2gvfJYI
- KNEKT Underwater Dome → http://amzn.to/2gez11u
- Rode Shotgun Mic → http://amzn.to/2gvg5yg
- Manfrotto 60” Compact Action Tripod → http://amzn.to/2gducpn
- Joby Tripod → http://amzn.to/2gdo6FA
- Zoom H2n Handy Recorder → http://amzn.to/2gdmKuE
- Backup Batteries for Sony A7ii → http://amzn.to/2fhYchl
- Backup Batteries for Sony RX100iv → http://amzn.to/2gvbqfO
P.S. Did you subscribe? If so, did you click on the notifications bell to receive updates when I launch a new video? If so, thank you!
Date Added: 2019-04-12
Watched 28 times