Pair this with Google Wifi! - http://amzn.to/2kDlqq1
Get an ethernet cable for the fastest speeds! - http://amzn.to/2lBEMeI
This is a speed test of Google Fiber on multiple devices. First is on my iMac, which is capable of the full gigabit speeds wired over ethernet! Second is on my iPhone, and third is my MacBook. Wireless devices tend to be around 350 mbps down and up.
One gigabit per second is equivalent to 1000 megabits per second. Most home internet connections are measured in megabits per second because they can be much slower, anywhere from 1.5 to 300mbps.
Google Fiber is blazing fast internet in comparison to others, like Time Warner Cable or Spectrum, AT&T, Cox, Verizon, and the absolute worst, Comcast. If Google Fiber is in your area, I highly suggest trying it out since it's only $70 per month, which is quite affordable for such a fast speed. You can also get Google Fiber television service if you wish!
What kind of speeds do you get in your area? How much does it cost? Let me know in the comments!
Gear I use in every video —
• 2013 iMac 27" - http://amzn.to/2kqYH0p
• 2015 MacBook 12" - http://amzn.to/2yrRgMK
• Panasonic GH4 - http://amzn.to/2xlxpdm
• Lumix Lens 14-140mm - http://amzn.to/2g3FMaC
• Rode VideoMic - http://amzn.to/2xZ7QRg
• Magnus VT-4000 Tripod - http://amzn.to/2xlM8d2
• Window shop! — https://www.amazon.com/shop/moldy912
• Patronize me! — https://www.patreon.com/moldy912
• Follow me! — http://twitter.com/moldy912
• Insta follow me! — http://instagram.com/moldy912
• Disclaimer: Many of the links here are affiliate links, in which I make a small commission. I only recommend products that are worth buying, so clicking those links helps you find great Gear and helps me make a little money, so thanks!
Date Added: 2019-07-10
Category: Google Fiber
Watched 22 times